Monday, July 7, 2014

Coming to a close







Aloha All,

Paul said to me the other day "you haven't blogged in a long time". It's true and I guess I have been feeling for a while now that Hawaii life is normal and I am just focused on living it. It seems so normal. The hard part to that is now it's almost over and I have to get my mind out of "this is normal life" and mentally prepare to leave. 

By far, the toughest part about leaving will be saying goodbye to people we care about. We have made friends with some of the most amazing people we have ever met and will be forever bonded by our Hawaiian experiences and adventures with them. Yes, Hawaii is stunningly beautiful and we appreciate that so much. It is a big part of why we moved here, but in the end, relationships are what matter most wherever you live.

We moved out of the house we rented and back into Waikiki for our last month. It's really nice to have a/c and be even closer to the beach. The SUP is in a locker right down by the beach so is an easy grab to hop on at Waikiki beach. We are also enjoying being able to walk around in the evening after supper and meander in and out of shops and notice things we didn't notice the last time we stayed down here. Our hotel is outfitted with pool, hot tubs, playground etc. so perfect with Natalie too. 

This has been a surreal experience from start to finish and although some things were tough (mostly for me) at the beginning, I can say with absolute certainty, moving here if only for a year was a stellar decision. I could ramble on about the personal growth, bonding as a family and couple, getting to bask in "paradise" all year but I think right now the most exciting thing to come out of this is knowing that more travelling is our future! The ideas have already started flowing!!!

A hui ho kakou,

Lisa, Paul and Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment